Let’s fight disease with “Real Food” !!
Food that’s fresh, local, organic, non GMO and not just high in calories but rich in nutrients. Let me give you the flavor of real food. Join my club and fight disease. Lifestyle change consulting, meal plans and weekly meals available on preorder.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thinking about losing weight? I know you have your own reasons. Let me add one more to the list!!!
Please join us for our next Meetup on how to prevent diabetes by eating correctly and by educating yourself about the package food ingredients. This will be very useful for us to know how does the information on food label map to our calories and nutritional value; especially in the time when grocery store aisles are flooded with food like substance full of chemicals, sugar and synthetic materials.
You should join me at this Meetup. Check it out and RSVP! http://meetu.ps/3cpcQ8
Here is the link to a very interesting article by Food journalist, Michael Pollan on what are the rules of eating and what is real food:
Some of the summary points are listed here:
7 Words & 7 Rules for Eating
Pollan says everything he’s learned about food and health can be summed up in seven words: “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
Probably the first two words are most important. “Eat food” means to eat real food — vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and, yes, fish and meat — and to avoid what Pollan calls “edible food-like substances.”
- Don’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food. “When you pick up that box of portable yogurt tubes, or eat something with 15 ingredients you can’t pronounce, ask yourself, “What are those things doing there?” Pollan says.
- Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients, or ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop on the perimeter of the store. Real food tends to be on the outer edge of the store near the loading docks, where it can be replaced with fresh foods when it goes bad.
- Don’t eat anything that won’t eventually rot. “There are exceptions — honey — but as a rule, things like Twinkies that never go bad aren’t food,” Pollan says.
- It is not just what you eat but how you eat. “Always leave the table a littlehungry,” Pollan says. “Many cultures have rules that you stop eating before you are full. In Japan, they say eat until you are four-fifths full. Islamic culture has a similar rule, and in German culture they say, ‘Tie off the sack before it’s full.'”
- Families traditionally ate together, around a table and not a TV, at regular meal times. It’s a good tradition. Enjoy meals with the people you love. “Remember when eating between meals felt wrong?” Pollan asks.
- Don’t buy food where you buy your gasoline. In the U.S., 20% of food is eaten in the car.
Our biological systems are very closely tied to our emotional and mental state. Bringing passion back to our life changes all the chemistry and physiology of our body.
Living with your passion, doing what you love to do and adding compassion to your day to day work tie you more closely to your true self and improve your health.
“Follow your dreams” “Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.”
I remember my childhood days when I was in high school, especially on birthdays and special festivals, I would stay up till late till the clock hit midnight and next day will restart. There was such a anticipation for tomorrow and my heart would start beating fast in excitement about tomorrow and unknown events that may come across me next day. I would try to capture those feelings in my journal so I would not lose any of those special thoughts and moments.
As I grew older , these moment have become very scarce, I have come to a lifestyle where days are same and very predictable, full of chores, routines; groceries, laundry, movies with kids, date night with my hubby, social work at nursing home and whatever this modern lifestyle offers us(you know what I mean). The lifestyle is also geared towards comforts and getting more done in less time.
To attain a true health, As a part of my club, I promote developing or reviving old hobbies if your work is not your passion. I encourage that people do spend at least 30 minutes of thier day doing what they truly enjoy. Bringing passion and excitement back to your life normalizes your chemical and physiological functions of the body. It creates new pathways of energy and rejuvenate you emotionally and physically.
“Happiness” is a state of bliss; State of “just being”. A state of being without any remorse, sadness or any other negative feeling. But these days, I find it very hard to find this bliss; I feel very helpless. I have tried all the principles of mindfulness but a strange feeling of helplessness always linger around and prevent me to attain the state of bliss and the reason is a disease that is slowly destroying an icon and knocking at my door also. Yes, I am talking about Diabetes and the iconic figure is my father. He is a living legend of his time, creator of a new thought process, he sowed the seed of new thinking to unite a divided country, full of hatred, prejudice, unfairness, He established a new era of sufism that preached divine love with oneself , others and with GOD. And now he is lost in his own thoughts.
I have no connection with my dad.He is alive but he lives in a different world of his own. He is suffering with Dementia, which is progressing. It hurts me every moment to see him receding into unknown, not recognizing us or where he is. We have already lost him in a way. Now this disease is also knocking at my door.
Dementia is one of the advanced stages caused by Diabetes. My dad had been on Insulin since he was 50 and now looking back, I know for sure, his lifestyle was far from healthy. He never exercised and was always over indulging into sweets. I wish I knew then what I know now.
My last ten years had been about learning a lifestyle that is holistic and based on healthy eating, exercise and mentally and emotionally stimulating. So far I have been fortunate to keep this disease out of the door. But the quest is still on and I want to spread my learning to others. I want to invite you to join this quest and fight his deadly disease. Let Start this journey to a true state of bliss -A disease free state.
Join My club and fight Diabetes!!!