My association with Deepak Chopra goes way back to my college days. I knew him as a doctor who is trying to do some stuff with yoga and self healing with Ayurveda; an ancient science of healing and medicine. I had always been skeptical of doctors due to various reasons; (not that important at the moment, may be share them later) and Deepak had not been able to capture my attention that much. The only connection I felt was his origin.It was 2010 and I had taken a project which required me to drive several hours each day, It was a big change for me. I took the shelter of audio books. I visited my neighborhood library several times and was little puzzled at the limited selection of these books. This is when I got introduced to Deepak’s book on holistic healing.One of the first book I listened was “Ageless body Timeless mind ‘. I started listening to them with some hesitation but as I listened, my road trip to work became interesting voyages into a mysterious world of quantum physics, ayurveda, human anatomy and basic philosophy of “just being” and discovery of meaning of true happiness. After that point, I have listened or read almost all his books and am a great follower of his work. He has influenced my lifestyle and life philosophy immensely. His philosophy brings Religion, Science, Nature and Human together and pave the path to true happiness and success for the common man.
I am a person of science and logic and his books made it so scientific to understand the ancient principles of Ayurveda, It made so much sense why body should be able to heal itself. It made so much sense to treat body as whole when treating ailments instead of treating each organ as a separate entity as today’s medicine system is heading towards. Deepak’s work is not just about healing but also about finding success and true happiness just by incorporating basic simple principles in your life. His book “Seven Spiritual law of Success” has inspired my program and I have incorporated several principles from it in my program. These principles take away the constant stress common people experience in their daily life due to their egoistic nature.
Just Become Aware and Be Healthy
We live in a capitalist society. Businesses are looking out more for thier profits than interest of common people like you and me. Market is full of products that are not safe or healthy for your body, mind and soul. They have made to the market/shelf by passing some regulations (I assume so) marginally or through finding some loopholes in the system (You know what I mean)!!!
Here is the mission I move forward with through my Mindful Living Club. I want lead people to a path of healthy lifestyle and want to unveil the truth about political, social and spiritual aspect of food and eating landscape.There are several factors why a common person is not able to eat in a healthy fashion. My blog covers of some of these reasons. Lot of it is tied to lack of awareness, some tied to political landscape behind agriculture and food distribution and some to our lifestyle that has made eating a mechanical activity. Today eating gives us calories but not the nourishment of body, mind and soul.
Through my club, I would like to introduce a lifestyle that is pure and natural and easy to adopt & agree with your true self. A lifestyle that is full of meals that are appetizing, wholesome, nutritious and satisfying. A life style which bring you in touch with you true self and your true value system and with your purpose in life.It will help you cope up with various health conditions.
Mindful Living Club offerings
Get Lean, Stay Lean & Living with Pre-Diabetes Program
This service provides healthy lifestyle and weight loss support
- Planning activity before the start of the Program
- Pre-Designed Weekly Menus with portion sizes
- Weekly Grocery Shopping List
- Cooking Techniques that will make meal preparation easier
- Tips and Tricks
During the program
- Daily Alerts, Reminders, Daily Quotes, Motivation and Tips that will let you face life with Courage
Meal Customization/Personalized menu
Daily Mindful and Stress management techniques routines
Creating Spiritual connection with your eating & with yourself
Finding your purpose in life
Maintain weight loss attained during the Mindful Meals with Customized Menus, Recipes and Alerts
Routine Evaluation of Goals with suggestions
The Living with Pre-diabetes offers following also:
- A instructor led classroom/web based webinar course that provides lifestyle tips and coaching related to Grocery shopping, meal planning, meal preparing tips, menus and recipes.
- It also provide social support and incentives to stick to the program guidelines and have customer sessions for individual needs.
- The members are supported through emails, What apps and txt notifications and reminders.
- The team meets once in two weeks for a social event to celebrate thier achievements.
This is the excerpt for your very first post.
Mindful Living club promotes and guides people to practice healthy lifestyle in regards to their food and nutritional needs. It facilitates a holistic routine that connects them with thier “True Self” and gives them happiness. Just becoming aware and mindful of our surroundings makes us live in the moment and enjoy what we have today completely.
Close Communities are vanishing from our culture. Joining the club will help you find a close community that will be your guide in tough times and provide you with a holistic & mindful solutions to your needs.
Mindful living club’s ” Get lean, Stay Lean” programs help people bringing happiness to them through food and nutrition and breaking away from poor lifestyle practices including eating habits and live life completely, manage their health conditions and pursue their dreams and life fully.
Mindful Living club philosophy is Inspired & adapted from the following sources. I have a great respect and admiration for the people listed here. They are people of courage and great character who are influencing the society in a positive way. I will never be able to write enough to praise them. They are living example of what they preach and need no introduction and praise. Reading their thoughts and idea and incorporating them as part of my lifestyle has changed my life and motivated me to reach out and help others to achieve their goals:
- Haylie Pomroy’s Fast Metabolism Diet program (FMD): “As we grow older, we lose the “Burn” “ Fire/Agni to digest our food. This program will reignite that fire in your body. Many people follow low-calorie diets, which make your body move to starvation mode and stubbornly hold on to weight. This program will kick you out of this habit and give it permission to have abundance of food” Haylie Pomroy FMD
- Michael Pollan’s Food Rules –What to Eat – Food Journalist ;Food Rules What to Eat
- Berkeley Food Institute “Edible 101” Berkeley Food Institute “Edible 101”
- Maharishi (Saint) Vagbhad’s Ayurvedic philosophy of “Kitchen as your Pharmacy“ He was one of the most influential classical writers of Ayurveda., a disciple of Charaka. He wrote 7000 sutra. 85% of diseases can be cured without a doctor; only 15% of diseases require a doctor.Maharishi (Saint) Vagbhad’s Ayurvedic philosophy of “Kitchen as your Pharmacy“
- Deepak Chopra (All his famous books on Natural healing” including Seven Laws of Spiritual Success) Deepak Chopra’s ” Seven Laws of Spiritual success”
�Arkaya yoga philosophy and routine of rebooting and resetting the body